PICTURES & THINGS

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Corpus Christi

We just got back from a fun trip. My daughter, and Granddaughter went to Corpus Chirsti, to see the TCU Frogs play the Rice Owls last night. We left yesterday morning, dropped Geoff's car off in San Antonio, hit the road again, and went to Corpus. We had a great room that overlooked the Gulf, and the water was a beautiful blue. I guess I never get tired of looking a the beautiful Texas Gulf waters. On our way we were looking really hard for a Subway. We couldn't find one, but when we turned into our hotel, there was a Subway right there, in the hotel building!!!!!! We ate, changed clothes, and headed to the Ball park. The Hooks play in the Whataburger Field. Nolan Ryan is the owner, I think. The big bridge behind the field makes it a lovely setting!

We parked, got our tickets and went into the stadium. They knew a lot of the player's parents, and we sat and visited before the game with some of them. The game began, and our hopes were high.

Jake pitched a nice 5 2/3 innings, walked a couple, and was pulled. The score was 4-3 but Jake had 3 runners that were his.

Um...the game was a blowout after that. 20-6. I hate to write that down. Poor TCU players were sick about it. But, it was so much fun, and Jake had left Tickets for all of us..that was so very nice. Thanks Jake..it was an honor to watch you yesterday!!! Wish you had gone to Texas, I could watch you more. I will go to Ft. Worth before the season is too much older, to watch you. Thanks again, that was VERY nice!

I think Brittany loves the pitcher! I think the pitcher loves Brittany, too. (I'm so smart)

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

I think we all love the pitcher and Brittany!!

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jake got pitcher of the week in our conference this past week for going 8 innings and striking out 11 no runs!!! yeah i do love him.... you are all smart about that!

10:10 PM  
Blogger ATexasFan said...

of course we are!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home