PICTURES & THINGS

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A BEAUTIFUL VALENTINES DAY

It started with a card and a cup of coffee..it ended with a wonderful dinner with my valentine of 32 years! We started up to the restaurant at 5:00 and at 8:15 we got home. There was an hour wait at the first choice...so we walked across the parking lot to another. There was a 45 minute wait. We stayed, because it was, after all, a night that many people wanted to take their sweetheart out to eat!

We didn't wait 45 minutes. It was 40 minutes. That was good. While we waited we talked to a nice young man, getting food to go for his wife as a treat! We sat at the bar drinking a Fat Tire, I thought they said Flat Tire..but what do I know? It was good. I still like plain old plain old. Bud or Miller. Those are good.

After we ordered, the usual happened. A baby started crying..I mean yelling, and crying and gorsh....doesn't it happen all the time?? There is a joke in our family, that when a baby cries in public, they all look for me. hahah I think it is something in my attitude, perhaps, that sends the criers to me like a magnet. It happens EVERY TIME, so I guess it is a thing with me.

After we waited an hour to get our food and finish, we waited another 20 minutes for the waiter to bring our bill. It was Valentines Day, so we just sat and talked and smiled at each other. How lucky we are to have found one another that wonderful day on the golf course. It has been a wonderful ride. Thank God for Jay.

We are going to Beach tomorrow. Then over to Beaumont for a friend's party. It will be cold. I am going to wear a sweater thingy, everyone will be dressed up. I don't care. I am going to stay warm. We return home Sunday. Hope we have good weather (no rain or sleet). This time of year, one never knows in Texas.

Happy Valentines Day to all, and God Bless our troops.

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Happy Belated Valentines Day, Nanny!! I am as lucky as you to have found Greg, and can only hope to have 32 years with him!!

Holly

5:05 AM  
Blogger ATexasFan said...

You will probably celerate more than 50+++ together. We were old when we married. Jay was 52! I was nearly 40. So..That makes you all at least 20 years + on us!!!! I am glad you have each other. Hold on, the ride is just beginning!

Thanks for the comment. You can see, I don't get many. hahah.. Guess these subjects aren't worth much comment. That's for sure.

Love you guys, and hope you are enjoying your Italian Salads!

XXOO nanny nan

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home