PICTURES & THINGS

Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Right after Christmas every year since I can remember my thoughts turned from Santa to getting another year older. Yikes..have I had a lot of thoughts!!!! My mother always treated my birthday as if it were in the summer, or at least a few months from the Christmas presents that were opened just a day before! That was nice, as I have a daughter whose birthday is the first part of January, and it is hard to think Christmas/birthday in separate thoughts.

We left for Plano right after Christmas, and spent two wonderful days with Grandchildren and children. It was too fun. We ate two dinners and a wonderful lunch at Dave and Busters. I like that place. We also went out to Harry Hines. I love to get my calogne out there, as it is somewhat cheaper, and get watches and batteries and necklaces..it was a Longhorn trip this year. I guess I came home with a few Longhorn necklaces and bracelets. I will sort through them, and figure who best I can share them with! I have a lot of Longhorn (freaks) friends. We all love our Texas Longhorns way too much.

Grandson Greg and Holly will be spending next year in Italy. Actually, the next 3 years. Greg is a Medic, and will be going to Iraq very soon after they arrive in Italy. I think he has to be gone a year. I am hoping Holly will not be too lonesome. We will get her back to Texas, if it gets too bad. I am sure the 13 hour trip will seem short, if she gets to come back home. Good luck Greg..and Holly...God speed.

The trip was over before it began, but we are back home, and now looking forward to the Alamo Bowl. Texas and Iowa are playing. We saw some Iowa people on the way home, so they are going to have a few fans...that is to follow their team, and to get somewhere that isn't freezing, I bet. We had 70 degrees yesterday, and although 69 right now, it is raining like crazy. This rain will wear you down!!!!!

Ok, the New Year is nearly here. Can not believe 2006 is over. It was a very good year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home