PICTURES & THINGS

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A New Army Medic in our Family

Greg became an official Medic today down at Ft. Sam Houston. How proud it makes you to see the soldiers and their accomplishments. Truely a wonderful sight, and a wonderful feeling for me.

John, Jeff, Debbie, Adam, Brit and Jake met with me over at Houston's Restaurant last night. By the time we got to the table, we had waited an hour, and it was 9:35 before we finished dinner. We headed down to San Antonio, got to the hotel on base around 10:40. The arrangements were made by Holly, and since she has a military ID, we got on base at the Officer's Hotel. It was nice, and we had rooms on the same floor. Odd enough...there were 3 hallways and we were each at the end of a hall...the last room!!! Weird..

I was afraid I wouldn't wake up, so about 3 times during the night I watched the clock!!! I wish I wouldn't do that. 6:00 did roll around, finally. I got up and made coffee, watched Fox News until it was ready to drink. Luckily I had brought my water and coffee, so it tasted like homemade!!!!!

We got to the Club where the ceremony was to take place. There is a joke (or maybe not a joke) that our family always looks for me when there is a screaming baby. Yep, every time we are together and we are having a good time, someone's baby starts yelling. May be at a restaurant, or in church, or at anything..and there is a screamer....doing their thing. Today was no exception. Today there were stereo screamers. What I don't understand is why parents don't excuse themselves, with their crying baby, and go outside so others don't have to hear it????? Why not? It seems the right thing to do.

But I digress..

There were 313 (I believe that was the number) graduates. Now, isn't that wonderful? These men and women put themselves in harm's way to help those who have been wounded ...God Bless them all. Our soldier was the LAST name in the program, and the last man to come across to get his ....um...diploma? I don't know what they got, I am sure something to say they had done the work, and were NT's...Medics. Congratulations to dear Greg. What a job he will do.

Thank goodness there are men like Greg, willing to go to the front lines, and do their work. I am sure there will be more news of Greg from time to time. He will go to Tampa on Saturday, and check out, gather their furniture, and head to Italy in January. This will be a great Christmas in Texas for them. Debbie is actually going to decorate for Christmas, and have a tree etc. etc. I am sure we will be there at least once during the holidays.

We went to a mexican restaurant for yummy fiddles and after a nice visit, I got on the road and headed to Austin. I had been home about 40 minutes ...called Debbie to ask where they were, and she said "On 410"...Yikes, they were still in San Antonio. hahaha...couldn't say goodbye to Vickie, her long time pal, and her son, our soldier.

Holly..keep good care of him, and take good care of yourself. We love both!

Happy Thanksgiving..Happy, wonderful day. Thank you God for all that is ours.

Then, bring on the Aggies! \m/ Hook 'em Horns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home