PICTURES & THINGS

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Got First Letter from Airman Young

Today, when I picked up the mail, there was a surprise! Geoff wrote me a letter. He is a very good letter writer, and what a thrill to have our first word from Basic training! I wonder if the USAF read their letters? I know they do read the letters we write to him! Or at least I think they do. I try not to say anything that would be worthy of a knock on my door!

He has had a life changing experience. Hopefully he will do the best he can, and get rewarded for his good behavior. He made a 98% on his test that the USAF gives to all recruits. I think that sort of surprised them. Geoff is a smart man, and he has to channel all his energy to the positive side, then he will attain his goals.

Debbie's birthday yesterday. Can't believe she is getting close to 50. I bet she can't either. It is so young these days. When my mother was 50 she was older than dirt. At least I thought she was. Maybe that is because in those days, people didn't put as much importance in being young.
Times have changed, and so have attitudes. 70 is not young, but it certainly isn't old either. (I hope)

I was at a meeting today, with some of the 1957 graduates and students at University of Texas. We are planning the reunion. It will be at the end of April. There is a lot to decide, and a lot of work to do. I admire the ExStudent staff..especially Carol. She is at every meeting I have ever attended there, and was there today. Always cheerful, and helpful beyond her duties. Most looked wonderful..that is a compliament to our age. The room was filled with 70-73 year old ExStudents!

I am going to write to Geoff tonight. I imagine he would like "some mail" ..as I have said, even if it is from us!!! God love him..

God Bless Geoff, and Gregory and all our soldiers!

God Bless America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home