PICTURES & THINGS

Friday, March 02, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEXAS


Today is Texas Independence day! Happy Birthday dear Texas. Being born and raised in Texas, I have obtained the fullest appreciation for this state. Other states are nice. Some are even more than nice, but Texas is home, and I love to be from Texas.

When you go anywhere in the world, and you say "I'm from Texas" in response to their question "Where are you from"? They always know Texas. They may not know exactly where we are on the map, but they know TEXAS. Why is that?

Mainly because Texas is a state of mind. The real Texans, and wanna be's are sure of that. There may be some persuasion due for others to feel it. When you see the flag waving, and you hear the accents, you know you are there. There..in TEXAS.

Not too many years ago, a friend came from Florida. He had never been in Texas before, but he knew of Texans and the pride we have. One of his first reactions? "I have never seen a state fly the flag so much". Of course he hadn't ... We fly the flag because it is beautiful and it is symbolic of our State's UNIQUENESS. Yep, I would lie about it if I hadn't been born here.

So, with that, I will say again, Happy Birthday, long live Texas!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home