PICTURES & THINGS

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

LETTER FROM ITALY

Wow..got my first letter from Holly, in Italy. She wrote it long hand..I type my letters, as my handwriting starts off ok then drifts to sloppy and finally to illegible. That is a fact. I used to curse every time I would get a letter from my mother. Her hand was ok, I just couldn't read it. I used to get people at camp to read it to me. As I grew older, my mother's writing became easier to read than my own!

Holly and Greg went to Italy in Mid-January. They have found a home, and are in the process of getting an Italian SS# so they can get their Jeep out of "the pound", and begin driving around the city. They have met some friends there, so life goes on, whereever you are. I used to love an old saying: "Bloom where you're planted". Of course you can.

Now Greg is being deployed in about 6 weeks.
We will surely be keeping in touch with Holly as to what she has heard, etc. etc. Greg studied in San Antonio, at Ft. Sam Houston, to become a Medic in the Army. I think that is wonderful! He puts himself at risk to help the fellow soldiers who are wounded or dying. I think he will be wonderful! A friend of mine makes protestant roseries. I have some for him to put in his pocket. There might be a soldier that would want to have it to comfort himself. I love the rosery, and the idea soldiers will be using them.


Greg and Holly are in the midst of having their first child, my first Great Grandchild. What a wonderful time this will be for them. Greg will be able to return for the birth, so that Holly won't be alone. HOW NICE IS THAT? The Army is pretty good to protect the family unit. Days off, long weekends, and time for birthing!!!!! We will watch this progress weekly, daily, what ever. Emails, and letters will flow! God Bless you both, love you, always.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home