PICTURES & THINGS

Monday, July 03, 2006

RAIN RAIN RAIN

It is nearly daylight, here in Crystal Beach.  I woke up at 5 this morning, which is rare for me.  We have had an interesting time here, since Friday.  RAIN, RAIN and more rain.  Our yard was drying up and blowing away just 2 weeks ago.  Now it is really nice and green.  It might get root rot if it keeps raining!!!!!

I have worked like crazy on a new project since I arrived here.  I have installed a weather station, and getting it to broadcast the information over the Internet was a real chore.  I am just smart enough with the computer to get knee-deep into something, then I call my daughter to bail me out.  I finally figured the usb-serial cord I had wasn’t the right one for the computer, and went over to the big store, and Radio Shack had the cord I needed.  I was so lucky, as I start a project and it is hard to do anything else, until I am finished.

Well, long story..but shortened..it works.  Yea!  I am getting beach weather now over the Internet, so when I am in Austin, I won’t have to guess what is happening here.  I will have to do the same in Austin, one day!

We are going to celebrate the 4th of July with Jay’s brother and wife, and a few friends from Beaumont.  If it is raining, as forecasted, it will be interesting!!!  But, the 5th we are heading to Delta Downs for some gambling.  That will be so much fun.  Back to the beach on Friday, and hopefully the weather will be nicer.

Happy 4th of July to all.  Happy Birthday America.  God Bless America.  Land that I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home