PICTURES & THINGS

Monday, March 27, 2006

Things

Since I last wrote on this blog, a lot has happened.  Bob died and the party at his favorite restaurant, in Houston, was very nice, I was told.  RIP Bob, and since you cleaned my Beach Cabin and straightened my large storage area, we have put a sign up…BOB’S ROOM  his birth and death date.  Thanks Bob for being the kind of man you were.

Other things have been going on as well…Texas played three baseball games this past weekend with OSU and won all three.  Oklahoma State has a scrappy team, full of good hitters, so I bet they win a lot of games in the Big XII.  I hope we play more consistently and win a bunch so we can go to Omaha again.

Our Basketball team went to the Elite 8.  Not bad !!!  We were hoping we would win, somehow, the whole tournament, and have 3 National Champion Teams here at Texas.  It wasn’t to be, but being the first to have the 3 at the same time, would have been a really fun thing!!!!

HSY is going to be operated on tomorrow in Tampa.  Everyone is hoping everything will get better for her after this is done.  As previously stated, we are sending lots of prayers and good wishes to them.  We will be keeping in touch.

Now, I ask you…what is prettier than a sunny morning in early Spring, when the leaves are beginning to show, and the weather is wonderful?  We certainly had one of the best winters I can remember.  Maybe global warming is good!!!!  Today is cloudy and dark, it is about to rain.  We are suffering from  lack of moisture in the Lone Star State, so maybe this will help.  Forcasters say rain all week. OK..I can live with that, as long as next week is sunny!!!!

We go out to Midland on the 10th of April for a dedication of the President GHW Bush home as a museum.  He bought that house from a friend’s parents, and we will all be out there having a wonderful reunion, I am sure.  We are staying with my good pal out there, so I know we will have a great time!  When that is over, we will return to Austin, and begin our trips to the beach, now that the weather has gotten so much warmer.

Now, on a serious note, I will close this little entry.  Please find a way to say something positive about your country and your President.  Our troops are doing a great job, and you might even think about them, also.  God Bless America!  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home