PICTURES & THINGS

Saturday, December 17, 2005

MERRY CHRISTMAS ... MERRY CHRISTMAS

MERRY CHRISTMAS!  There, I said it, and I am glad.  What’s up with Happy Holidays?  I don’t mind saying Happy Holidays..but I would love to hear a Merry Christmas once in a while from people in Wal-mart, Target and anywhere I do business.  

Here is how you know they aren’t “allowed” to say Merry Christmas.

Walk into a store, find someone you want to say it to, (they have to work there) and in a wonderfully lilting tone, say  “MERRY CHRISTMAS”..look right at them while you say it.  Their eyes will lower, and then they mutter something like “same to you”..NOT Merry Christmas to you, “same to you”.  Hmmmmm  That means they are following store orders.

What do you do about it?  Just smile and say it again as you walk away.

I am too old to call Christmas something else.   This is the birthday of Jesus, and we are celebrating that event.  We have done this for years, and suddenly…it is not “POLICICALLY CORRECT”…. I am sick and tired of Political Correctness…who ever started that??????

Ok..I will say it AGAIN.  Pretend I am looking right into your eyes…with a smile on my face…

MERRY CHRISTMAS!  MERRY CHRISTMAS…HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LORD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home