PICTURES & THINGS

Sunday, November 20, 2005

HOOK 'EM HORNS and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Sometimes I wonder what people who don’t like sports do all day????  Especially during football season.  I guess we watch more football than is healthy for your eyes, but there is something about this time of year that draws you to important games.

I was watching the SC - FS game last night, and here’s what I thought:

SC is going to lose
Fresno State is going to lose
Fresno State is going to beat the #1 team

SC held them off…whew.  That was close.  AND LATE, I watched it all!

I didn’t really want to play another team.  Texas should win in College Station on Friday, and the game against Big 12 North Champions (probably Colorado).  Then play a wonderful game January 4th to bring us a National Championship.  It is for the players and coaches…and even the fans…it is just something that has been willed to us this year.  I don’t know why, but since the Rose Bowl game last January, there has been a “feeling” about this team.  So far they haven’t been disappointing.  God love them, they are playing their hearts out.

So is Southern Cal.  They have a wonderful team, and after watching Reggie Bush last night I think he is probably one of the best athletes in the country.  BUT…

He didn’t show a lot of class under pressure.  Yes, he is only a kid…but he slapped the FS player’s helmet (they were trailing at the time) and cost his team 15 yards, when they were fighting to keep FS from scoring.

It is only a game, but I do think the Heisman needs to go to someone who is classy and also a good player.  Vince Young of Texas.  Yes, I am prejudiced, as I get to watch him every game …  Still in all, Vince Young is the best!

Up come the Aggies.  Their QB is injured and probably won’t be playing in the game.  I guess the team will rally around the new Quarterback…We will still win.  Probably big.

How does 56-14 sound?

Sounds good to me.   Hook ‘em Horns, and Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nononononono said...

You overtook me on page views again! Haha.

Hope all is well in Austin, I have been trying to catch the UT games on AFN, but usually have to stay up very late to watch them...

Love,
Greg

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home