PICTURES & THINGS

Sunday, November 14, 2010

BAD YEAR FOR LONGHORNS.....

THIS has been the worst football season since I was a Jr at the University of Texas back in 1956. My first summer in Austin was spent at Barton Springs, and the lakes. I had a wonderful time. I made some pretty good grades in summer school (2 B's which was rare for me) and of course, I thought fall school would be a real easy thing. I found out really fast that I was mistaken! I always did better in Summer School, as I didn't have to remember too far back what I had learned. I could study, know the answers, and get in a test and my mind would shut down! Oh well, recall was the hardest part of school, and it is the only way you are judged. I made horrible grades, and am sorry I didn't get some help in study habits, and retaining what I learned.

I have followed the Horns on the football field for low these many years. I came to UT with sense of pride, as my parents had moved from Midland, Texas to New York City~ I know, they moved, remember what I said! I stayed in Texas, at least mentally. I got to the University of Texas via Colorado College, in Colorado Springs. I was lucky to end up in Austin, in 1956. I found my life long home.

When we have had lean years (I would say 1-9 is pretty lean.. that happened my first fall in Memorial Stadium.) Enough to make you wonder! But mostly, the Longhorns have been winners. I have been lucky enough to be in the stadium every one of the years in between. This year, because of Breast Cancer treatments, I am listening to Craig and Keith on the radio, and watching our games on TV. It has been a hard season, not only for the Longhorns!!!! We will all survive!!!

We are having a really bad year this year. I know it will pass and I know they will right the ship. Don't lose faith in the Longhorns... you will see a better attitude, and a better effort because of this year. I know, we need the bad to appreciate the good. That is the way it is in life. Believe me, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home