PICTURES & THINGS

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Happy Birthday, Mother

Happy Birthday, Mother. Every August 13th I think of my mother. She would have been 107 today. It has been 13 years since she closed her eyes, and joined my father. That is hard to believe.

I was such a wild child growing up..in to "trouble" all the time. It must have been a real challenge to raise a kid like me. I didn't always like my mother, growing up. She was a strong disciplinarian, and I was the most whupped kid in Midland, I am sure.

I really do thank my mother, and appreciate her more and more, the older I get. I know she did the best job she could do. She was raised in Seattle, Washington. Her mother died before I was adopted. I never knew either of my Grandmothers. Granddaddy was an old Scot, who was wonderful. Full of life and so kind. I am not sure why my mother was so introverted. She had a brother that was a complete opposite...but I digress. My mother spent years trying to get me "straightened out", hahah. I know she sure got tired trying!

We were lucky enough to have her here with us for her last 3 years. I think as the days went on, she learned to love me, and I know it was good for me. I thank her ever day for adopting me. I could have been a lot of places. God was good to me.

So today I am saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY, mother. I love you.  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home